In the past 40+ years there are a few things I've learned about life.
1. Nap when the baby naps.
2. Let the baby sleep on you.
3. If the dog wants to snuggle, let him. The laundry can wait.
4. Spend the day reading a good book.
5. Run that extra mile.
6. Explore the unknown path.
7. Go out to dinner.
8. Buy the shoes.
9. Admit your faults.
10. Let the sink pile up with dishes so you can hang out with your kids.
11. Book a flight to go see a friend.
12. Send a care package.
13. Don't skip the weddings or the funerals.
14. Open the good bottle of wine.
15. Light a scented candle just because.
16. Let your kids bring in the new year...and then sleep in the next day.
17. Cook bacon every weekend.
18. Save your money for a ridiculous vacation.
19. Don't waste your money on an expensive car.
20. Rescue a pet.
21. If that pet is a chihuahua, buy him sweaters.
22. Take a road trip.
23. Take too many pictures.
26. Call your parents every week.
27. Say "I love you" every day. To your spouse. To your kids. To your friends. You can't say it enough.
28. Kiss your spouse at bedtime every night.
29. Appreciate your siblings.
30. Sometimes it's okay to drink too much.
31. But don't drive when you do.
32. Make your bed everyday.
33. Put your dirty laundry in the hamper.
34. Say yes to the dinner invitation.
35. Go see that movie.
36. Eat the cake, but not every day.
37. Exercise. Your heart, your figure, and your mind will thank you.
38. Never skip moisturizer.
39. Go to the dentist twice a year.
40. Appreciate the friends who love you and all your quirks.
41. Never take punctuality lightly.
42. Own at least one pair of really great cowboy boots.
43. Make sure you have a really great pair of jeans to wear with those boots.
44. Go on a hike.
46. There's no such thing as too many pairs of cozy socks.
47. Turn off the TV and listen to music.
48. Always have a koozie in your car.
49. Don't apologize for your beliefs.
50. Remember every day is a blessing.