Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bucket List

Every time I read about an awesome adventure or experience, I always think "add that to the bucket list." But I've never actually sat down and written a bucket list.

Have you?

Now is as good a time as any to start one, I suppose.

I'll start with fitness related hopes and dreams:

1. Run a sub-4 hour marathon. I've been training to do just that in December, and I'm pretty sure I'm capable with a bit more training. But the wheels started to fall off just a bit, with an injury that kept me from any speed whatsover for a few weeks, plus I was just fed up with the warm summer weather. My injury seems to be mostly resolved and the weather is getting much better. We'll see what the next 6 weeks holds and I'll make a determination on if sub-4 is still reasonable.

2. Run an ultramarathon. I've been saying that I'll do a 50K for my 40th birthday. If I can get my husband to stop saying I'm crazy for wanting to I just might make this a reality in 2014.

3. Boston Qualify. At my age I need to run a 3:40 marathon, pretty much impossible for me at this point in training. I'm simply not that fast and if I tried, I would get seriously hurt. BUT I know I can do it in my lifetime. At 45 I would need a 3:50. I think that sounds really great. I'm not necessarily gung ho about running the Boston Marathon...but qualifying for it would be a huge achievement.

4. Complete a triathlon. I made it a goal to do one in 2013. I need swim lessons and a good road bike. Bring it.

5. Run around Lake Georgetown in its entirety. I think it just looks awesome. 'Nuff said.

6. Run the Rome Marathon. I'm thinking 2020. I'll have an 18 year old and a 15 year old. They can be my cheerleaders.

7. Century Ride. If I can do a marathon, with a little (or a lot) of training, I can ride a bike for 100 miles. Ouch.

8. Run Rim to Rim (to Rim?). Grand Canyon. Beautiful. Amazing. Incredibly difficult. Perfect.

9. Back to back marathons. That means two in one weekend. Yes, really.

10. Complete an Ironman. Hahahahaha!!! Totally kidding on this one. No freaking way.

Stay tuned for a Non-running Bucket List.....

What's on YOURS??