Monday, May 6, 2013

Not so fast

This will be a quick blog post. I'll just get to the point.

I'm not doing the Lake Pflugerville Triathlon next month.

I have no excuse other than I am not ready, I haven't put the time into my weaker disciplines, I haven't wanted to spend time on them lately, I've let other life events and stresses get in the way, and I would rather wait to do my first triathlon when I'm actually ready than disrespecting the sport with a mediocre attempt.

I will do a triathlon. It just won't be next month.

I'll probably go into a bit more detail later, but for now this will have to do.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my other sport...running...with trail races and shorter road races throughout the spring and summer. I'll get on my bike more, I'll swim more, and when the time is better I will register for another triathlon.

To all my friends still competing, I'll be out there rooting for you as always.

1 comment:

  1. I live іn Aistіng, Austriа and my work actuallу deals wіth this fielԁ.
    Actuаlly ԁoing ωhat you dеsіre and writing about it
    in such a smаrt wаy is a gгeаt gift.

    Your article is informatiνe, illuminating, and pаssion-driven, all οf which I deeply admire when dealing with this
    toрic.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage ... allergen

    ReplyDelete