Monday, April 4, 2011

I love my "speed"

Just a quick blog post to say....WHERE IS MY SPEED COMING FROM???

Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Last week I ran 20.2 miles (on a side note, considering I'm not training for anything, I'm really happy I hit 20+ miles in a week). My average pace was 9:03.  During marathon training season my average pace for the week probably never went below 9:30 and wouldn't be surprised if it was more like 9:40.  Today was my first run of this week and I really did try to keep it slower, but I felt so good I couldn't help but increase the pace with each mile.  First mile was 10:00 even, last mile?  8:50. 5 miles in less than 47 minutes.  Not crazy fast or anything, but not an "easy" run for me. 

I'm fully expecting to get injured.  I'm not even wearing my patella band (the horror!).

I think I need to do a 5K.

Ok, that is all.

3 comments:

  1. YES!!! I agree 100%, you need to find a 5K asap. What are you doing? Patella bands are the cooooolest.

    http://www.theboringrunner.com/2011/03/sony-walkman-giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. woot woot!

    how about the summer stampede series. Charles is running all of them, so I'll be out there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Trish...it's called "Sunstroke" for a reason.... ;)

    ReplyDelete